|Lady Rah Rah Sitting Pretty c.Shobe Biz Communications|
The USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) posted on their blog that in recognition of this week, they are offering a special free webinar called, "Growing Chicks Into Healthy Chickens: Getting Ready for Spring." It will air on Thursday, February 28, at 2 p.m. EST.
Here's what they say you'll learn:
1. How to get your birds and equipment ready for spring
2. What to look for when buying chicks to start or build your flock.
3. What are the best or most popular breeds.
4. How to keep your flock safe from predators and disease.
5. What are the signs of infectious disease.
6. Where to find resources to help you.
Three poultry experts will be on the show including:
Andy Schneider, "The Chicken Whisperer"
Dr. Martin Smeltzer, USDA poultry veterinarian
Dr. Claudia Dunkley, University of Georgia poultry scientist.
Pre-registration is required. For more information, check out the USDA's blog page.