Sunday, June 24, 2012

Catch Me If You Can

Cleopatra at three weeks                                                                    Photo: Nancy Shobe

My, those little chicks grow up fast. Cleopatra stands looking smart and sassy at three weeks. She is now nine weeks--much larger, and infinitely more shy toward the camera. In no time at all, Cleopatra will be laying eggs. 

Where has the time gone? I can really see it passing through the growth of the chicks.

I don't know about you but, no matter how much time goes by I still feel inside like a twelve-year old girl. I struggle daily with trying to figure out who I am and what my life's direction should be. Love? My belief in loving others and being loved hasn't changed much over the years. And, my approach to life--with zeal and enthusiasm--remains as fervent as ever. Heck, on an off day, I'm even still trying to learn how to cook. 

That shy, unknowing, loving part of me never ages and convinces me inside that I am still that twelve-year old girl. 

Until I look in the mirror and scream, "Who's that middle-aged woman looking back at me?"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: